Sunday, January 29, 2012

TOOL TEN

I think that Digital Citizenship is going to be infinitely more complicated than anything we've dealt with in the past - in terms of citizenship.  But the things I would want to stress would be reliability of sources, accountability of what the students contribute to the web and understanding fair use.  The Resources for the 21st Century Classroom will be very helpful for this.  And the simple act of us doing a Google search for different topics as a class could reveal some of the importance of these principles.

Our chief method of corresponding with the students and parents - besides verbal and written announcements - is through email.  Again - I use the CharmsOffice system to send group emails as well as our newsletters.  Through this as well as my blog - I can communicate a lot of information to the parents.  And the great thing is that they can read it at a time that is best for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment